Thursday 21 June 2007

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada - Day 3 - Carisse Studio Cafe

These are the last batch of the flood of pictures of Ottawa.

these are pictures of a quite little coffee shop outside the US consulate owned and operated by Patricia Penzin-Carisse (Pat). She houses all her husband's work on the walls of this coffee shop. The phenomenal pictures of all these important people add generous character to this coffee shop. Some of the best black and white pictures I have seen till date are on these walls. Her husband is Jean-Marc Carisse [website link]

The shop sign


The double espresso, my first ever


The walls of the shop




And lastly, Pat and her friend

7 comments:

Neihal said...

now I need coffee too !!

Ash said...

Wow - what an awesome cafe.
Awesome framed photos in there!

Anonymous said...

Hey - that double espresso looks delicious! Don't tempt me, it's almost 6:30 PM! ;) Great colors on that cup.

Abhishek said...

@neihal
that espresso is like a steaming hot Guinness beer. the bitterness burnt through my taste buds and the caffine burnt through my soul! No jokes.

@ash
if I go to ottawa again, that will be the first place i visit. Loads of character.

@Squidder
welcome
that cup was the size of a slightly large shot glass. I think the aluminum table top make the cup's color pop.

Born a Libran said...

the cup of coffee looked the best.. Very appealing too...

Abhishek said...

@libran
Welcome
I think it is a good picture if it made all these people crave for some coffee. Please feel free to comment on my pictures about the technical photography stuff. I am a newbie to photography and I will learn what ever I can get my hands on.

Just Jane said...

lovely pics on the cafe walls and some really cool pics on this post! and yes, the coffee cuppa is the popular choice i see!